reboot

I did the same think for my cabin automation system in Truckee. It resets the mini-ITX Windows box, the external i/o board, the cable modem, the USB camera, and the wifi router.

The system is reliable in the summer, but tends to hang up in the winter, with power glitches and cable problems and sych. The hard reset works.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's great if you can avoid file system corruption. Windows indexing, antivirus checks, automated system updates, and so on can make that a little sporty, even at 4 AM.

Putting the firewall and router on the timer works great.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I turn all that nonsense off!

NTFS is a journaling file system, designed by one of the guys who wrote VMS. Microsofties didn't want him to do that, but he did anyhow. It seems to be pretty tough.

I got a new digital timer, so I might just reboot once a week, like

2AM on Friday morning.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Den fredag den 6. marts 2015 kl. 20.48.59 UTC+1 skrev Phil Hobbs:

if it has a serial port it should be easy to give it an early warning and get it to do a shutdown, just tell it has an UPS and pull the pin that signals power lost

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Sorry but I got a laugh out of this one.

amdx

VERY nice! Simple,effective. Allows a timed power on as well. Cool..

Reply to
Robert Baer

DD-WRT for routers has a configurable option to reboot. Which seems to be a fix to work around resync issues with ISP's. Mine resets every night ;) It's probably setup as a cron job.

Martin Riddle

Yeah, +2-25V on pin9 will wake it up from soft off if configured to. but the power off requires sotware cooperation, so there's still the possibility it will go away and not come back.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

On a sunny day (Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:46:08 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Or run Linux... panteltje12: ~ # uptime 09:43:29 up 14 days, 19:47, 10 users, load average: 1.32, 0.68, 0.56

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje