Really triangular triangles

Recently, i have been having all kinds of funny things; like many posts not available any more but replies to it visible. No apparent reason. = The retry nature of Usenet makes this very strange. Normally if you can get enough header to find the message you can get the message. Very strange. Very random message drops. And i pay for it.

connected

Reply to
josephkk

Why? I get paid when I send them the schematic, BOM, and simulations. Debug is extra, and anyway it isn't going to be that hard, I don't think--I built a test board that worked fine with only one minor bodge. It really does pick up everything around, unless I run it inside a metal box with feedthrough capacitors.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

and Tim

comparator

triangular wave

MC100EP116.

allow. You

ramps, but

stable high

pulses at

pretty

scope and

compensation

procedures. Same

exactly

happen.

unusual

noise

trick,

5-1/2

(Easy in a

works as

under 1 pF

packaged

to add

accurate

coupling

anyway.) The

beat

drive of a

could be an

attenuation,

Square waves

feedback. C2 and R2 represent your pad capacitance and input resistance. Then by choosing a feedback R1 C1 with identical time constant, the square wave voltages across R2 and R1 will be equal. It's a way of putting the test waveform on your circuit input without tapping it with anything less than ultra-high Z at your frequencies of interest.

which is just an approximation anyway, when you can put the end result you want there directly, a rectangular waveform.

(The

Otherwise

are you saying 0.3p? You're not going to get much of a step across that with the differentiated triangle. And you keep talking about TCs. How harsh is the typical PCR lab anyway? I would think 15o-30o covers it in the extreme.

0.05

but

Beer doesn't cause jitter. Coffee causes jitter.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

[...]

for

(The

TCs

Otherwise

are you saying 0.3p? You're not going to get much of a step across that with the differentiated triangle. And you keep talking about TCs. How harsh is the typical PCR lab anyway? I would think 15o-30o covers it in the extreme.

0.05

expect to

board

but

After the 10th pint it can :-)

Depends on the quantity. Once past the point where the jitter stops and someone has to call an ambulance it may be too late.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

[...]

It does when you stop. ;-)

Sure. Nothing moves without it.

Reply to
krw

What I noticed: Until recently I had to block everything coming in via a google domain because their spam level was out of control. Occasionally I took out the filter and put it right back in. Then one day I noticed that the spam getting being caught and dumped by my own filter had become miniscule. It seems the server I am using is now hosing off a lot of that stuff right there, doesn't even get on. Obviously that can result in the occasional good post being hosed off. That's why I keep telling people not to use freemail domains. Because their posts may simply not show up on many news servers.

[...]