Nice knowing you all!

Well, since it has been predicted that it's all coming to an end saturday (tomorrow for me), I just wanted to say it was nice talking to you all and maybe we'll meet on the other side, what ever side that is ? :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

One of the predictors was asked what he would say if he's still around after the predicted date.

He refused to answer.

Reply to
Greegor

Nice knowing you all too. One of the benefits of grandstanding morons predicting the end of the world is that it gives us an excuse to say stuff like that. ;)

(It's a pity that it brings better-taught Christians into disrepute as well. Harold Camping has been on the air longer than I've been alive--he's about 90 and obviously senile, so I have no idea why anyone pays any attention, unless it's to have somewhat unkind fun when Sunday rolls around with the jolly old world still here.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

I'll be attending the "Hell's Minions Lake of Fire Party" for "those that didn't get to go" tomorrow night at midnight. Sunday AM, we all get up, and get out in the streets for the LOOTING!!!!!!!

It's not about who has/had the most toys... It is about who has the most toys AFTER the LOOTING!

I get all the gold in all the churches. Then, I'll cast a shitload of gold bullets for my gun!

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Or as Randy would say... "Ohhhhh YEAH!!!" May he rest in peace.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

Don't forget to don your purple sneakers!

"Don we now our go away apparel"? :-)

Reply to
The Great Attractor

Well, since reality is based on consesus, I wonder if the hundred-monkeys effect will be working here. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Guns won't work because the fundamental shift in the space-time continuum will alter the laws of physics just enough that nothing will explode. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Since you are in electronics, that would be the backside of the electron..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Religion is directly destructive of happiness...

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Too bad that the global warming crowd cannot see themselves as essentially doing the same thing.

Reply to
brent

Well, since it has been predicted that it's all coming to an end saturday (tomorrow for me), I just wanted to say it was nice talking to you all and maybe we'll meet on the other side, what ever side that is ? :)

Jamie

-----

You do realize that the "End of the world" crap is just some guys way of getting into girls pants? If in doubt it always leads back to sex!

"Hey baby! You know it's the end of the world tomorrow? Wanna make love all night long?"

Also you know some guy is "preparing and predicting" for the next "end of the world" event.

Reply to
Stretto

Yeah, yeah... and if you then attempt to pistol whip the person, the physics were altered just enough to allow the gun to pass right through flesh without "touching" it.

Reply to
SuspendedInGaffa

When you yawn, how many billions of souls across *our* Universe are yawning at the same moment?

I say a pretty large number of billions.

Reply to
SuspendedInGaffa

Headline I saw somewhere:

WORLD ENDS! Film at 11.

John

Are you an S.M. Stirling fan? Great stuff:

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

Sure.

Wasn't there some society or tribe or something that burned everything they owned and started all over every year or something?

We could start out easy, with a "clean out your garage" day every year.

John

I am going to go shoot some pool.

If pool is involved, I am all for it.

Reply to
SoothSayer

OH, so that's what they meant by a "clean beginning" !!!

Thanks for clearing that up.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

I guess we dodged a bullet here since it's after 6 PM and as best I can tell, the world is still here.

On TV, the crackpot behind all this said the world would end wherever you were at 6 PM.

Astute readers will realize this outcome is impossible. For if the world ends for one time zone, surely it must end for all others (unless there are 23 more worlds). The conclusion of course it that the crackpot's own predictions were inherently flawed to begin with.

Though I suspose if you're going to make stuff up........ why not go whole-hog?

Reply to
mpm

You forgot the propagation delay of religion.

Reply to
John KD5YI