Really lowprofile ethernetjack?

Is there any product or type of connector that is suitable as ethernet jack for lowprofile applications? only measuring a few mm or 100s of mil high above the pcb?, alternative is to solder directly onto the pcb..

Maybe some kind of smartcard, SD alike "jack" ? (connector pads have to not short circuit anything on insertion .. due power)

Speed: 10-1000 but most likely 100 Mbps Cable: Cat.5e shielded. Power: 48V (might aswell be 24 or 12V)

Reply to
pbdelete

Isn't it a definitional issue? How can it be an "ethernet" jack AND be low profile?

Maybe a pigtail adapter like those used to connect PCMCIA cards to phone jacks?

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I'm a low profile ethernet jack and I'm OK......

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Or the X-jack, invented for RJ-11 but also available in RJ-45 configuration on some modem/ethernet PCMCIA cards. It is a frame of similar thickness as the PCMCIA card, extending out from it in the same plane as the card itself.

The frame has 8 springy wires attached to the inside of the frame opening, and you plug the cable into it, perpendicularly to the card's plane:

przemek klosowski

Work all night and sleep all day?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I'm a low profile ethernet jack, and I'm okay. I work all night and I work all day.

Peripherals : He's a a low profile ethernet jack, and he's okay. He works all night and he works all day.

I transmit data. I receive it to. I use some electricity. On Wednesdays I do updates. With a sideline on ntp.

Peripherals: He transmits data. He receives it to. He uses some electricity. On Wednesdays he does updates With a sideline on ntp.

Chorus : I'm (He's) a low profile ethernet jack, and I'm (he's) okay. I (He) work(s) all night and I (he) work(s) all day.

I transmit data. I have a look. I like to read your rars. You put on women's clothing. And hang around in bars.

Peripherals: He transmits data. He has a look. He likes to read your rars. You put on women's clothing And hang around in bars?!

Chorus : I'm (He's) a low profile ethernet jack, and I'm (he's) okay. I (He) work(s) all night and I (he) work(s) all day.

I transmit data. You wear high heels, Suspendies, and a bra. You wish you'd been a girlie, Just like your dear Papa.

Peripherals: He transmits data. You wear high heels, Suspendies, and a bra?!

Chorus: I'm (He's) a low profile ethernet jack, and I'm (he's) okay. I (He) work(s) all night and I (he) work(s) all day.

Yes, I'm (He's) a low profile ethernet jack, and I'm (he's) ok-a-y. I (He) sleep(s) all night and I (he) work(s) all day.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Dewd! Can I have a hit off that? %-}

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Mighty fine work. Expect a letter shortly from MP's barrister.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Mike (if I may be so familiar) can have that one for free.

I might have to charge if he needs some of the other material updating........

My original response was going to be 'Bloody Canadian' but I decided to go the extra 9 yards on my fishing ruler.

DNA

Reply to
Genome