Re: Could this device be built?

> The Battery Commander may have held the paper, but the Maintenance > Chief, which I was, for all intents and purposes owned the system > as much as any piece of issued military equipment can be owned.

Yeah? Then I want my AFRTS radio and TV stations back.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I never did anything with TV stations, but I also have some time instructing maintenance on the 50 kW AM transmitters used by AFRS; the mobile version the CA troops would role in after a dust up to calm the locals.

Been there, done that, got a DD-214, a life-time ID card and a monthly check from Dfas-Cleveland.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Reply to
jimp

Don't know what Dfas means, but, Jim, if you were stationed at the Nike site in Cleveland, I owe you guys a big thanks.

When I was in the Army, I'd have access to an AUTOVON phone every now and then. When I was able, I'd call the Cleveland Nike site and ask for a patch to an outside line for a personal call. You guys were nice enough to give me the patch, every time, with absolutely no hassles.

It was really great to talk to my family and girlfriend about every month or so. It meant a lot to me.

Thanks!

Tom

Reply to
Tom2000

Defense Finance and Accounting Service; where retired pay comes from.

I was alost assigned to Cleveland, but they switched the orders to Union Lake, Michigan at the last minute.

Most of the Nike sites did that.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.