RoHS in Australia - info - dates?

Has anyone knowledge of the RoHS requirements for electronic products sold in Australia - is there a July '06 compliance date?

The company I work for manufactures and sells light industrial electronics products. We know we should be compliant to export into Europe, but what about Aus, NZ etc. The Aus gov agency websites barely mention RoHS other than to say it is likely to follow the EU path.

regards rob

Reply to
Rob

No, the RoHS directive and July'06 deadline is only a legal requirement in the EU at present.

I have not heard of any dates put forward for an Australian requirement as yet. Same for the wider WEEE directive.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks Dave - that explains the lack of info on Aus. gov sites. regards rob

sold

electronics

Reply to
Rob