RoHS in Australia - info - dates?

Has anyone knowledge of the RoHS requirements for electronic products sold
in Australia - is there a July '06 compliance date?
The company I work for manufactures and sells light industrial electronics
products. We know we should be compliant to export into Europe, but what
about Aus, NZ etc. The Aus gov agency websites barely mention RoHS other
than to say it is likely to follow the EU path.
regards
rob
Reply to
Rob
No, the RoHS directive and July'06 deadline is only a legal requirement in the EU at present.
I have not heard of any dates put forward for an Australian requirement as yet. Same for the wider WEEE directive.
Dave :)
Reply to
David L. Jones
Thanks Dave - that explains the lack of info on Aus. gov sites. regards rob
sold
electronics
Reply to
Rob