Re: XP USB Thumb Drive Removal

This situation occurs if you happen to have an open file (such as a

> viewer looking at an image or directory on the thumb drive or camera > memory card). Closing out open files or files being viewed before > requesting safe removal should do the trick. >

Must be a viewer program that isn't cleaning up after itself when it closes then.?? Because I get this error message when only the desktop is showing (no programs running). I never thought about attempting to eject with an active viewer is open. But like you say, you would EXPECT to get the message in that case.

Reply to
mpm

Not even an anti-virus process?

Reply to
JW

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Reply to
mpm