Re: Why is video inverted for transmission?

>Backhoe, backhoe, its off to work we go.... > >I expect the cable infrastructure costs end up something like >telephones. For telephones, estimates are usually that >80% of >investment is in copper under the street. They don't call the last mile >problem a problem for no reason. > >Steve

There is no Copper in fiber (except for the amps). The short run in to the subscriber is minimal.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Where did he mention fiber? Lots of pair-gain equipment is still served by T1 Carrier on copper.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Fiber is how most cable systems carry main trunks now.

Bwuahahahah... Cable is and has been, as far as hard line goes, aluminum for decades. The drop to your house is a STEEL center conductor with a very minimal copper cladding.

He referred to CABLE infrastructure, dipshit, not ma bell.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored