Re: White Population in the World Set to Drop from 17% to 7% by 2050

I think there are more mothers of the bride that go into this frenzy than there are brides that go into a frenzy of spending.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

On the particular moment of Sat, 08 Dec 2007 09:36:04 -0800 in relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, John Larkin put forth:

I married my wife 4 months after meeting her, and we had a 10 minute registry wedding. Cost of about $100.

We blew more cash on champagne afterwards!

--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

Oh you are leaving out a bunch of situations that are equivalent to divorce. There is a huge amount of marriages that attempt to go thru do it yourself divorces that never get filed properly and don't end up as a divorce statistic. These people often remarry without knowing they are still married to spouse #1. Also, there are many many marriages where the couple simply split up and never divorce for many reasons including the exepense, healthcare, etc. The fact is the odds are severely against any marriage surviving till death do us part.

Reply to
Maverick

There is indeed a trend of people not marrying these days which corresponds to the increasing popularity of 20ish kids to stay at home until they find a job they like. As far as 2nd marriers who seem stable, 2nd marriages fail more than first marriages, however, these people may be simply stable stages of their lives in jobs and raising kids that helps the marriage adhere for a while. Once the kids are older and the family invariably experiences a couple of inevitable layoffs and aren't as successful finding new jobs as older people in their same career, those pressures will add to a marriage and those marriages fail too.

Reply to
Maverick

You've obviously never been in management. There are plenty of children to deal with. Children that'd rather play that come to work. Children that'd rather play when they get to work rather than work. Children that use their children to get out of work. Children who cry to their boss about every single little thing wrong in life as if their boss doesn't silently deal with those same problems without missing work. Children who whine about the size of their allowance but do nothing to earn more. Children that leave their desks untidy even though that's a security risk and at minimum unprofessional. Children that are poor at showing citizenship to other children and have to get sent to HR. And, of course, some children role playing secretary who need to be spanked.

Reply to
Maverick

Why don't you make some more dumb shit up, boy?

You must be from the gambling group. Your stats are as lame as you are.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

aka "engineers"

John

After looking at that Dilbert link that was given yesterday, I stayed on YouTube and watch a bunch more Dilbert. Funny stuff!

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Or scientists.

Robert

Robert Adsett

Nope. That's one thing you can't accuse me of being. I didn't want to become useless. ;-)

There are many children we deal with daily, that we didn't "have". I sure Haven' seen much of that in any group I've worked in. A few perhaps, but every thing works out. Perhaps you need a better class of employee. Paying (and then demanding) more might make everyone happy and actually save money.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Do you often make up statistics? I'm going to need some pretty good evidence that this makes even a minuscule dent in the statistics.

--
  Keith
Reply to