Re: Where to learn about airflow/temperature?

Besides all the advice on thermistors and thermocouples, Aavid has a decent thermal design article at

-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl dott ijames aat verizon dott net (remove nospm or make the obvious changes before replying)

Specifically, I'm wondering, if I have an airflow of, say, > between 1 and 5 LPM (liters per minute), in a known tube, > and a heating element, assuming the tube is either insulated > or reaches operating temp. OK; how would I find out how many > watts it would take to heat that air to, say, 160C? > > Of course, 1 to 5 LPM is quite a range, but I can do PWM > from 1-99%, so no worries there - I just need to know how > much nichrome wire to use in my heating element. > > And if there's some kind of formula, like the heat capacity > of air, that wouldn't be unwelcome. :-) > > Thanks, > Rich >
Reply to
Carl Ijames