Re: USB test

I'm searching for a PC software that to send commands through a USB port.

> Does anyone know about one ?

I'm assuming you mean, "from user mode?" If you only want to talk to HID devices, in Windows XP and above you don't need any software -- it's built into the OS. For arbitrary devices and commands, I've used DriverX USB in the past, but it's not free. I believe there are some open-source packages out there that do roughly the same thing, however -- I'm certain there are for Linux, if that'll work for you.

I also seem to recall that supposedly in Vista there were going to open up USB more completely in user mode, but I could just be making that up.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Joel Kolstad a écrit :

I don't understand what do you mean by "in Windows XP and above you don't need any software"... In fact I'm searching for something like "Docklight" but for USB...

Reply to
Victor