Re: Twin T circuit wanted

Yes, but I have to sketch them on grid paper to firm things up.

I was working on one fairly tangled circuit, the 4-20 mA control thing, and woke up in the middle of the night, visualized the whole sheet of schematic, and *counted* all the parts. Now that's over the top.

John

I remember those things. They were used on both ends, generators and receive discriminators. The Bulova Accutron, probably the first electronic watch, used a single-transistor 360 Hz tuning fork oscillator to drive a tiny ratchet. Must have killed the Q something awful.

John

I made it squeg. Maybe that will please them.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Sloman is our resident squegging expert.

John

Maybe your problem is the rounding off part. You rounded off the important parts and left yourself with the remainder.

You took a high resolution subject and rounded off the details. We can quantify that.

Reply to
BlindBaby

We should take a poll as to what attribute you are an expert in.

I don't think it would result in the same determination that you obviously think it would.

Reply to
BlindBaby

Do you know what squegging means? Tell us.

There are maybe two usages, both electronic, but one of them is obscure, and the other is even more obscure.

John

Late at night, by candle light, Jeroen Belleman penned this immortal opus:

Yes, the tank's Q must be kept high. Increasing La's series R makes it squegg in a rather amusing way. Might be fun capturing it to a .wav.

JL: Can you recall ballpark the values of the inductors and associated frequencies in the physical circuit? High valued Ls tend to be rather resistive unless they're grossly oversized.

- YD.

--
File corruption detected. Select option:
1 - Call the cops

Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to
YD

I have characterized a lot of oscillator circuits at the bench, John. Remember... power supplies... That was years ago. Now it is what the power supplies power. Still lots of oscillators though.

I have very little faith in your word derivative/origin declarations, John. That is aside from the fact that I am familiar with the word. Remember? I work in this industry.

Perhaps only in your thinking.

Certainly only in your thinking.

Reply to
BlindBaby

--
What a lying, insolent wretch you are.

You don't even have the good grace to place component values on the
sketch and here, after I've gone to all the trouble of prettying it up
so it'll run at an audible frequency, simulating it, and even getting
a .wav file so the gong sound can be heard, you have nothing but lies,
insults, and, of course, no acknowledgement of the work and time spent
on your behalf.

I thought Sloman was a particularly nasty piece of work, but you take
the cake.
Reply to
John Fields

Late at night, by candle light, John Fields penned this immortal opus:

Can't say I've seen JL do that unless provoked.

OTOH, you and JT are the real champs. Usually a symptom of inferiority complex. It's real easy on usenet since you can froth away without chancing a punch in the nose.

- YD.

--
File corruption detected. Select option:
1 - Call the cops
2 - Call the press
3 - Bribe it

Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to
YD

--
Just as soon as you tell us why latching relays have infinite gain.
Reply to

OK, tuning fork oscillators.. It is my understanding that they are mechanical in nature and the ?slab? of material is slotted to make a "Y" like shape, and the "arms" are what moves (vibrates is the term usually used). The preferred motion is that those arms move together then apart at the same time; not both back and forth not movement of either or both perpendicular to the "Y" shape (reminiscent of TE and TM modes in microwave anyone?). So, given the preferred motion and no other, these shapes/systems are rather non-linear and get worse as the amplitude increases. Forgive me for my stupidity but cannot that non-linearity be used as THE amplitude limiter - exclusive of any other scheme? That is to say, with care, the oscillation approaches monotone sinewave in a limit. Has this been tried?

Reply to
Robert Baer

...is that why one does not get to see a pool of red electrons forming below the keyboard?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, now, if both usages are NOT obscure (and i know of only one and have been a tech for at least 50 years),please TELL US the source / creation of the word and the context in each case. That way we will know that you are not just doing a fantasy trip.

Reply to
Robert Baer

In fact, it would be interesting to know how to "resonate" an inductor that has a lot of (internal) resistance. ..with resistance so high that it is almost impossible to see an LC peak at all.

Reply to
Robert Baer

..and if the drive parameters can be tweaked for minimum losses like that, byt still have sufficient gain to start oscillations, then the linearity and purity would then be maximized.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It has been well over 45 years, so my memory is not too lear or complete concerning what is lossy and what is not (and why) regarding the magnetizing (or de-magnetizing) ferrites. Concepts remembered, not necessarily connected: magnetic domains, domain wall movement, polarization and alignment, crystalline structures, and maybe 2-5 other things forgotten. But it was clear (then) that some things are energy recoverable (i think that was polarization alignment) and some were not (i think that was domain wall movement). ..at least 2 of the many items from the dim past.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Interesting...even if (and i mean IF) that mechanism was totally incorrect, it sounds like a very useful explanation that could be quantifiable and lead to useful results. First time i have heard of that.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Where? See nothing, am interested. Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer