Re: OT: Telephone hijaaking

Joerg wrote:

>> Robert Baer wrote: >>> Joerg wrote: >>=20 >> Ahm, if the alarm company gets an apologetic call from the "home =

owner"=20

> or whoever had been claiming to be that person, did they not check=20 >> whether the call indeed come from this residence? >* The person dong the monitoring was rather lame; never asked for=20 >password, in fact did not call the police until after the 3rd (or was it=

=20

the 4th) time. > Hell, it seemed that he did not even know the homeowner's phone =

number!

>>=20 >>=20 >>> Since the operators of the alarm company are not intimately =

familiar=20

>> with customer voices, they cannot ID the callers either when someone=20 >>> supposedly called from the house or when someone supposedly answered=20 >>> the phone at the house. >>> So, there is no way to determine who was the instigator at that=20 >>> time; illegality becomes moot. >>> >>=20 >> They can (and should) verify called ID if someone claims to be the =

home=20

> owner. If it doesn't match then that's a red flag. A home owner =

claiming=20

> to be in a residence where an alarm had gone off can reasonably be =

asked=20

> to call again from that landline instead of his cell (unless they had=20 >> that cell number already registered). Anyhow, the caller ID and name=20 >> must match and unless I understood something wrong they did not verify=

=20

> that. Meaning someone called saying something like "Oh, sorry, it went=

=20

> off by accident" but the caller ID was not that of this house. >* This was all landline, no cell phones were owned or used my homeowner. > I fully understand and concur, but the monitoring guy did almost=20 >nothing correct.

Maybe the intercept / intrusion was the alarm company end as well. I understand that they hire from the bottom of the barrel and have high turnover, but really. The monitoring person little bit too incompetent perhaps?

>>=20 >>=20

=20

Reply to
JosephKK

  • You mean...that he might qualify for a government job - especialy in finance?
Reply to
Robert Baer