Re: The Car NOT to Buy

The Car NOT to Buy......

I am driving a GM rental this week because my car is in the shop getting the sheetmetal put back to normal.

It is a 2007 car. There are rattles in the dashboard. When you press down on the gas, it mails a letter to the engine computer about perhaps making more power. They somehow made a ride that both has the seasick wallowing effect and is choppy.

I've given up on using the parking brake because it appears that the only way to release it is to put it in and out of park a couple of times and then kick it.

Other than the above, it is a fine car.

Reply to
MooseFET

I have a 1989 Plymouth Acclaim. Front-wheel drive. When you park on a hill the transmission gets stuck in Park. The owner's manual kind of acknowledges the problem. It says make sure to apply the e-brake _before_ putting it in Park (fat lot of good that does). Other than the above, it is a fine car ;)

Reply to
gearhead

ess

That'll be fine until the day the parking pawl finally snaps. Then=20 you'll have to point the front wheels at the curb and set the hand=20 brake.=20