Re: Simulation Device... Keyed Peak Detector

>>Jim Thomps>>> I want to build an ideal device for use in PSpice simulations, a Keyed >>> Peak Detector... >>> >> >>Ask someone at IPCC. They'll find every peak even if it ain't there :-) >> >>SCNR. >> >> >>> Finds the maximum peak value of an input voltage while it's enabled >>> ("keyed"), and "dumps"/outputs zero when not enabled. >>> >>> Any ideas? >>> >>> (Ideal elements) >>> >> >>Aside from math, can't you use a buffer with (near) zero Zout, an ideal >>diode, a wee cap? Then when it's keyed off use a FET with 1 femto-ohm >>Rdson to short out the cap. > >Except that ideal diodes tend not to converge. I'm looking for some >mathematical method that is "smooth" ;-) > > ...Jim Thompson

Why not fudge a regular diode to be almost ideal, and put a gain of a million in front?

LT Spice doesn't seem to have an ideal diode.

Hey, why not make an ideal diode from a voltage-controlled switch?

John

Well, that is the usual way that one makes an "ideal" diode in the real world... put a real diode in the feedback path of an opamp and let the negative feedback take care of the details.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

"John Larkin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...