Re: Sayonara

hat

or

se

TLC will do a lot to prolong a house's life, but the materials and construction have to be there to begin with. Where I live, the 60s vintage starter houses were all well-built, but in the next subdivision they have all needed rebuilding. One fellow did replace his crackerbox with a double-wide (legal if put on a proper foundation).

For years, my BIL has a side business doing gut rehab of 20s bungalows.

s,

Always fascinating to see a poster expose his id. But I am left to wonder why Jim left his idyllic boyhood village. And God forbid that different ideas should disturb his delicate equilibrium. No wonder that Rush has made a fortune from implicitly guaranteeing his listeners they will never hear an unwelcome thought.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Cargill

and

It sorely needs a rest, as it has no validity legs of its own.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

If I open my eyes, they get full of soap, hence, either way, I cannot see my face in the mirror.

I don't see well without my glasses, anyway.

:^)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Well, as they say... "The Internet is the world's greatest copy machine." (And Google does a fine job indexing it all...)

It'll be years now before people stop telling you that in the Netherlands people wear "Do Not Euthanise" bracelets, sadly.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Hell, people around here think they're walking around wearing wooden shoes...

--
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
universe."

Some of them are!

Reply to
The Last Mimsy

services

anything

That problem is misstated. In the 1940s a janitor could buy a house and raise a family on the wages, it is no longer possible on a janitors = wages. That is where the real problem lies. Nor is it that simple, but the fact is illustrative.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

EBT?"

What i see happening is a split between wild caught and farmed like we already have for salmon.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk