Re: Relay for 74HC-controlled outlet strip

X10 isn't only for "remote" control. You needn't drive the protocol or push buttons to use it.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Well, you need AC mains with zero crossings in order to transmit the
data pertaining to what needs to be done, to a remote receiver, in
order for that action to be taken, yes?
Reply to
John Fields

No, you buy one of their interfaces for $5 or perhaps less (perhaps free).

--
  Keith
Reply to

--
OK. Link?
Reply to

Don't have one now, but I get ads for them all the time. So many that I throw them away (modules too). This stuff is *cheap*, if you don't buy it from RadioShaft (or Leviton) and there is a module to do just about everything.

--
  Keith
Reply to