Re: Phone-based ordering system for pizzeria (with fraud prevention) (Like with voice identification, callback system, ordering, registration, etc)

Hello,

> >My local pizzeria has a little problem: > >"People call in to order pizza's, but they never collect their pizza's". > >The guy is trying to figure who these people are that never collect their >pizza's. > >These people are using: > >Mobile cell phones. >And even Skype systems ?! > >The pizza guy tries to do it as follows: > >"Write down customer numbers, and sometimes call them back"
1) Get a caller-id box and don't take calls from anonymous callers. 2) There are reverse look-up databases around which can be used to get an address which belonges to a phone number. If the address doesn't match the number, skip the customer. 3) Keep a database with people that ordered before and see if their addresses match.
--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Dominos seem to have it totally automated... "Good evening Mr. Thompson, would you like your usual?"

And they only take credit/debit cards for call-in-and-deliver orders, so no stiffing.

...Jim Thompson

Hmm, tried domino's last week but it took them much longer then 30 minutes to deliver.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

"ChairmanOfTheBored" is too busy from licking his ass-dipped fingers to know what the real world is like.

...Jim Thompson

That is the obvious way to go.

--
Dirk

Remote Viewing classes in London
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

And record all phone orders - ask the caller to state their name and number.