Re: Pattern Recognition / OCR

Photo speed cameras are trivially easy to beat. They use a continuous (as opposed to operator triggered) doppler radar. Any decent radar detector will reveal their presence.

It\'s a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.
                -- Andrew Jackson
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

ta delenda est

B&W cameras are sensitive to IR. Not so much with color. I frame grabbed an image of a soldering iron with a Sony Exview.

Reply to
miso

I hate IR sensitive cameras. More often than not, digital cameras (which are IR-sensitive) register IR as blue, which makes some really bizarre colored incandescence. Like this guy's camera:

PG

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

To show you that you aren't perfect.

Michael A. Terrell

My understanding, supported by multiple web citations, is that the power level of such devices is perhaps 100X LOWER than conventional speed radar, since their necessary range is limited to photo-capable range.

I note that radar detectors are available that include GPS and a ROM listing of fixed photo radar site locations... updated by regular subscription ;-)

...Jim Thompson

in=20

methods=20

exploding_patches.html

them too.=20

Perhaps the best tool to use then, is the "computer" between your ears. .

Reply to
JosephKK

I prefer to keep my eyes firmly on the road and the traffic around me. At the speeds I drive I prefer not to be distracted looking for signs ;-)

...Jim Thompson

                          In Memoriam...
                       Duane Lee Thompson
                October 31, 1972 - April 20,2006
          4th Child, 2nd Son, of Jim & Naomi Thompson
                     Victim of Colon Cancer

Well then, you are making your choices and taking the consequences. I still recommend choosing such that you have the spare power to process for the warning signs. .

Reply to
JosephKK

Is this spare enough...

-4,494 cc 4.5 liters V 8 front engine with 93 mm bore, 82.7 mm stroke,

10.5 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder VK45

-Premium unleaded fuel 91

-Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 23 and EPA city (mpg): 17

-Multi-point injection fuel system

-21.4 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank

-Power: 340 HP SAE @ 6,400 rpm; 333 ft lb @ 4,000 rpm

...Jim Thompson

Yes, very much so. They'll show up a remote control LED or lit cigarette very brightly.

That's because they usually have IR rejection filters.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter