Re: OT: SHERIFF JOE IS AT IT AGAIN!

This guy has the right idea.....

>SHERIFF JOE IS AT IT AGAIN! >You all remember Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona , who painted the jail >cells pink and made the inmates wear pink prison garb. Well.......... >
[snip]
>Maybe if all prisons were like this one there would be a lot less crime >and/or repeat offenders. Criminals should be punished for their crimes - >not live in luxury until it's time for their parole, only to go out and >commit another crime so they can get back in to live on taxpayers money >and enjoy things taxpayers can't afford to have for themselves. > >If you agree, pass this on. If not, just delete it.

Round-up of Democrats begins next month... should have been sooner ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     Liberals are so cute.  Dumb as a box of rocks, but cute.

How about sending Sherriff Joe to DC to clean that mess up? We got your governor, you can make up for that disaster by sharing Sherriff Joe.

Reply to
krw

You wish!

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Uh, it is a WEL known fact that colors have psychological effects.

For exaqmple, pink causes weakness, blue creates strength.

Notice the 'gender' effect there?

Santa Clara County: San Jose, CA had trouble with violent arrestees UNTIL they painted the interior of the holding cells pink.

Wearing pink seems a bit overboard though, since one does not easily see what one wears.

It is my understanding that England decreased prison problems when they had inmates wear suits and were required to call each other using surnamse: Mr so-and-so, etc

Reply to
Robert Macy

--
More to the point, I think, is that one sees what everyone else wears.
Reply to

A vast part of the problem is imprisoning people for nonviolent crimes or for doing things that shouldn't ever have been called crimes in the first place!

Just call off the war on drugs, and prison populations will fall by at least half!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Making it legal to steal and murder will also help.

Reply to
mrstarbom

--- Since this is what you replied to:

"A vast part of the problem is imprisoning people for nonviolent crimes or for doing things that shouldn't ever have been called crimes in the first place!

Just call off the war on drugs, and prison populations will fall by at least half!

Thanks, Rich"

Do you think that the "war on drugs" makes any sense?

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

Also...call off the WAR (all of them).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Oh, but it is...sort of. Read the Constitution about Letter of Marque (sp?).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Ahem! Ask "WHAT does the government do that makes sense?" ...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, no, obviously. It's totally insane; otherwise why would they call it "Reefer Madness?"

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Actually, Ron Paul has assured us that when he's inaugurated, he'll bring our kids home as soon as he can get them transport.

My favorite Ron Paul quote so far, on bringing the troops home: "That's _one_ thing the president _can_ do!"

Ron Paul 2012!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A fine example of one group trying to enforce law that's not ethnic- based, and another claiming it's racist.

Now, can you think of a group LESS likely to commit violent crimes involving firearms, than potheads?

And the cartels will go broke, and certain people will stop getting their kickbacks...

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752