Re: Oil prices climb to $101.11 a barrel...

Everyone wants magic, wants it free, and don't bother us with the

> details. =A0Government, in the business of pleasing people, is more than > happy to oblige...politicians of both parties *love* to spend money on > their constituents, no matter what the cause.

What the hell kind of country would this be if you could not steal from your neighbors legally?

I especially like the last sentence:

"To the intellectual the social device of capitalism offers a displeasing picture. Why? In his own terms, here are self-seeking men in quest of personal aggran- dizement. How? By providing consumers with things they want or can be induced to want. The same intellectual, puzzlingly, is not shocked by the workings of hedonist democracy; here also self-seeking men accomplish their aggrandizement by promising to other men things they want or are induced to demand. The difference seems to lie mainly in that the capitalist delivers the goods." --Bertrand de Jouvenel, _Treatment of Capitalism by Intellectuals_

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Claude F. Bastiat (1801-1850)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

That quote is worthy of Mencken :)

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

May I disagree with you?

...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASICK's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona Voice:(480)460-2350 | | | E-mail Address at Website Fax:(480)460-2142 | Rat Bastard | |

| 1962 |

America: Land of the Freedom Abusers, Because of the Rat Bastards.

Don't we always? :)

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

an

It really is a fiction, and I guess we can take that to mean people love fiction. There is, however, somebody benefiting:

Guvmint lining guvmint pockets -- who woulda ever thunk it?

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

You should. You're replying to a forged message, posted through aioe.org:

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design, sci.electronics.repair Subject: Re: Oil prices climb to $101.11 a barrel... Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:30:44 -0800 Organization: Forte Inc.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What's your problem retard boy? The whole country replied to my posts, Jealous? lonely? Maybe you should return to Iraq and be killed. BTW - You have not served your country, you basically served the daemon.

...Jim Thompson

--
|  James E.Thompson, P.E.                                        | mens |
|  Analog Innovations, Inc.                                         | et

|  Analog/Mixed-Signal ASICK's and Discrete Systems  |    manus  |
|  Phoenix, Arizona                   Voice:(480)460-2350  |

|  E-mail Address at Website     Fax:(480)460-2142     |   Rat Bastard |
|       http://www.analog-innovations.com                    |    1962     |

   America: Land of the Freedom Abusers, Because of the Rat Bastards.

Just to help us understand, give us some Mencken quotes.

Reply to
JosephKK