Re: Oil prices climb to $101.11 a barrel...

It is very likely, the crude oil price per barrel may get up to about

>$120 to $140 by the mid or end of the summer. The reasons are many. >This means that the price of fuel will most likely rise by at least >another 20%. There are futures contracts out on crude oil for a price >point of $200 per barrel by year 2010. > >The price of oil is rising faster than the normal rate of inflation. >This will contribute to the cost of most everything we have. The rate >of infation will be difficult to keep up with. > >One of the causes for all of this is from the massive out-sourcing of >manufacturing in foreign countries to have lower labour cost, and from >letting our society become more dependend on other countries for >energy and materials. > >From all that is going on, North America and most of Europe will >become a third world economy. We will no longer be able to afford to >live at the standard of living that we are used to. It will take a >very big change of attitude and the way of doing things to fix the >problem.

What we won't be able to afford is wasting energy as senselessly as we do now. The average USian could cut his energy use in half without extreme distress.

The main cause of the energy shortage is the fact that the Chinese, the Indians, the Africans, and the South Americans are increasing both population and per-capita energy use. Imagine if every family in India and every family in China had central heating and a car.

We have something they don't: an enormous capacity to make food.

John

A very large percentage of that capability is due to the use of nitrogenous fertilizers, manufactured from natural or petroleum gas via the Haber-Bosch process for ammonia. The Chinese make more than a quarter of the world's production, but basically - guess what - the ability to store energy in your cereal crops and in your "biofuels", comes predominantly from below the ground, not from the sun. Without fossil fertilizer, 90% of the world's production of grain would cease.

The fossil fuel crisis is first and foremost a *food* crisis, the cost of fuel for transport is just the leading edge.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Well, just think about the negotiation sessions:

"We have food. You have oil. Wanna do business?"

John

Don't worry. They will eat you up.

What business? What oil? The oil it what Iraq is intended for.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

What logic? What syntax?

John

I don't see any logic either. If the Iraq is colonized, then why the oil is $101.11 ?

Should learn hispanic?

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

My might as well. Your 'english' doesn't make much sense.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

See what happens when you've got a family member in the hospital for major surgery? :( At least the surgery is over, and they have been moved to the ICU.

It was supposed to read: You might as well. Your 'english' doesn't make much sense.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Why are your replying to my thread then dummy? Can't help it Hugh?

...Jim Thompson

--
|  James E.Thompson, P.E.                                        | mens |
|  Analog Innovations, Inc.                                         | et

|  Analog/Mixed-Signal ASICK's and Discrete Systems  |    manus  |
|  Phoenix, Arizona                   Voice:(480)460-2350  |

|  E-mail Address at Website     Fax:(480)460-2142     |   Rat Bastard |
|       http://www.analog-innovations.com                    |    1962     |

   America: Land of the Freedom Abusers, Because of the Rat Bastards.

Perhaps because: (1) It was colonized by and army controlled by those who profit from high oil prices.

(2) Those who colonized it screwed up badly.

(3) High oil prices were ordained by God and thus nothing can prevent them.

(4) China and India etc sudden;t discovered what a nice thing cars are.

Reply to
MooseFET

I think the problem is fundamental: the $101.11 is what happens if you try to do the things by brute force. This turns out to be very inefficient due to many reasons, including what you mentioned. It would be nice if the natives pump the oil by themselves, voluntarily and happily; that's what that propaganda about the democratic Iraq is for. It could be possible to set up the new Saddam, however the tough guy can run out of control and you will have to start all over again. A deadlock situation.

China and India dicovered that they are the people also. So they are going to set their rules.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

What's your definition of "colonizied"? It sure must be different from mine.

Should learn *some* language that makes sense.

Is "hiapanic" a language?

John