Re: nfilter, What am I Doing Wrong

Is that "RegexBuddy" worth having? (I already have UltraEdit.)

If you're new to regular expressions, I think it's easily worth the $40. The guy behind that software -- Jan Goyvaerts -- is quite good; the quality of his products is high, and I'm confident he really will refund your money with no questions asked if you don't like the package.

Did you view his on-line demos here:

?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

=20

Dunno. I find that EditPad is sufficient for my=20 needs, which is largely syntax checking for the more complex expressions (an unmatched parenthesis=20 can be a bugger to find). I also have a good deal=20 of experience in the unix field, so I'm quite=20 familiar with regular expressions.=20

Reply to
Greg Neill

Thanks! I'll buy it.

Not yet, but I will.

...Jim Thompson

Woweeeee! Good stuff! Mine kind of program... hand-hold me thru all the steps!

...Jim Thompson

Glad you're liking it. Jan has a couple of blogs if you're interested if you're into that sort of thing:

-- Focused on regular expressions (no surprise there!)
-- His personal page (possibly guilty of pushing his products a bit too much at times)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

This has gotten kind of weird, i have been using "regular expressions / regex" for over 25 years. It's roots extend to K&R "C", and likely beyond through IBM MVS to the 1960's. See also Access Control Lists (ACL).

Reply to
JosephKK