Feedthrough PI filter Question

Anyone know what's actually inside these hermetically sealed units?

Ordinary rectangular MLCC caps or what? Ferrite bead or a wound inductor?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Most of the time when I had to repair super-pricey lab devices I found ratehr mundane parts in there. Occasionally "dremel-trimmed".

BTW, yesterday my wife treated me to a nice bottle of "La Fin du Monde" from Unibroue, from your neck of the woods. Very tasty! Just make sure not to drive after a few of those.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Hm... a 9% Quebec "beer". Never heard of it.. too many and it really will be the end of the world for you. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I thought that some of those smaller feedthru filters used cylinder/coaxial ceramic caps inside.

And speaking of not driving, try this:

This is double-fermented beer, which is very fizzy and has a slight champagne taste. It's very alcoholic and absolutely delicious.

Elderbrat is moving to California (finally got a tenure position, in Fresno) and we're taking her to the Monk's Kettle tonight to celebrate. They have 20 beers on tap, including a bunch of Belgian stuff. The gourmet wine thing is rapidly being overtaken by a gourmet beer fad. They have one bottled beer that's $24. The St Bernardus prior 8 is about $9 on draft, and worth it.

John

Some might but the ones I saw didn't. We learned that trick in the old ham radio days when we needed a dummy load resistor that goes to a GHz but the bank account said "no way". Stagger a whole bunch of parts in a nifty way on strategically placed copper snippets so it all stays resistive. Of course nowadays copper can cost several bucks a pound, this was in the 70's.

Nice. I love it when beer bottles have a cork and smoke wafts off after popping it out.

You've got two daughters? I thought you just sent her to Cornell but I guess that must have been the younger one. Honestly I don't know what's the appeal of a tenure track job when dad owns a nice high-tech company smack in the middle of a city with tons of nice pubs in walking distance.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, two. She's a botanist and a certified BMW motorcycle mechanic. She makes motorcycle tours of the sw USA and northern Mexico, discovering and naming new species of plants and their co-evolving native bee species. Involves DNA sequencing and wet stuff like that. Not especially interested in electronics. We do have a shared interest in beer. Her rule is "one beer per wheel."

John

[...]

Wow! Now that's a combination.

I wouldn't apply that rule with this stuff: