Re: Monster Cables

Honesty is not synnonymous with sanity.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

Not really. The market is controlled by deBeers to give the illusion of rarity.

Reply to
Richard Henry

You *did* say "symbolize".

BTW, are you married? Does you wife think the same? Really?!

--
Keith
Reply to

message

about?

wonder

She already has some CZ jewelry and imitation dsigner luggage. On the other hand is a genuine Mercedes Benz and a rental house in California.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Why the CZ jewelry? Does she think it's "real"? What good does the rental house in CA do her? I wouldn't give my wife a Merc. Overpriced shit cars. Might just as well buy her a PT Cruiser.

--
Keith
Reply to

are

just

are

illusion of

other

She has the new MB, two years old. The only problem so far is that the battery in the keyfob aged out - replaced for free by the dealer. It's coming up on needing new tires.

I have her old one, 1994 vintage, with about 228,000 miles on it. It's coming up on needing new tires again. When I inherited the car from her, I took it to the dealer for an oil change and checkup. They loaned me a new MB for 2 days, no charge.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I think the Monster cable is a better fit than zip cord for the FuelMaster.

*True* audiophools should investigate the use of FuelMaster for audio. Undoubtedly, the magnetic field would remove clustered audio resonances for purer deceptive perceptions within the audio spectrum. But the damn thing won't fit zip cord, so ya gotta go with Monster stuff.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Good points, you're absolutely correct!

Man, those fuel line magnets have been around ever since I can remember... probably ever since some of our more senior members such as Jim can remember do!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

--
I  figured you could get up to about 30% milage increae if you bought
all the JC Whitney devices for economy and performance. What

greg
Reply to
GregS

You can even get more mileage if you burn H2O2.

--
Keith
Reply to

Big deal! Jim barely remembers the first steam engine, and his first pet was a dinosaur. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And bleach your hair at the same time. IDRDOH

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you increase the compression ratio, you can do even better just burning H2.

Reply to
MooseFET

IME there is far less difference between a $600 speaker cable and a $6 commodity 12 gauge speaker cable from Home Depot; then there is between a $5 burger at McDonalds, and an $7 real-meat, real-cheese, real-bread sandwich from Arby's (not the Arby's with the processed roast beef).

So, you'll pardon me while I blow the $594 I saved by not buying Monster Cable on just 297 far tastier and probably more healthful real sandwich lunches at Arbys. ;-)

Reply to
Arny Krueger

The tip of the Washington Monument is aluminum, fashioned in that day by Tiffany, due to the cost of the raw material.

Reply to
Arny Krueger

IME, the price of diamond-enhanced saw blades has dropped like a stone. I'm using a highly-effective 7 inch diamond blade to dry-cut and demolish some tub enclosure walls of mortar, steel mesh, and tile. About $18 at Lowes. The $60 wet saw I use to cut tile to set, uses a $13 blade. This stuff is dirt cheap but durable enough to last out several jobs, and highly effective.

Reply to
Arny Krueger

No, No, No! Arby's is the fraud! The calorie content is exactly the same. No test can find any difference :)

Everyone can believe in whatever he wants to believe as long as it is his free and conscious choice. I am against the so-called wars for education.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Depends how you define fraud.

Not always.

Actually, blind listening tests say that zip code of appropriate wire gauge works as good as anything with any competently designed speaker.

Zip cord as large as 12 guage is as close as your nearest competent hardware store. 10 and 8 gauge zip cord takes a little shopping, but is on the right shelf, usually related to the automotive sound trade.

The difference is usualy essentially zero, both electrically and audibly.

I have a roll of 12 guage zip cord for that purpose.

In professional circles - gold is a sign of dilettante.

Not always. Do some engineering.

Strain relief is often what separates serioius connectors from jewelry. Can you spell Neutrik?

Not always.

In many cases, all you have to do is wait until MCM remainders out the Monster.

Their most sucessful sales tools involve bribing salesmen and other retail staff in marginally legal ways.

I remember when they came with cables that were effective. I got 16 feet of

12 gauge zip in two pieces with a pair of speakers back in the 70s.

Most of that suck is all about prejudice.

Actually, 1 inch copper tubing has pretty thin walls.

Nominal 1 inch copper tubing has 0.065 inch wall thickness. That's 0.230 square inches of copper.

A wire with a center conductor 0.54" diameter has the same conductivity. That's equivalent to 2 each 1 gauge wires, which if stranded can be bent far more readily and is therefore easier to use.

Good for you.

Reply to
Arny Krueger

A slight fuel leak and you and your troubles will be dissolved. ;-)

Reply to
Arny Krueger

True, but they do correlate well. The saner the person, the more open and honest they are. They just may not disclose "everything" to everybody; for the very rational reason that they do not want the less rational using the information against them.

Reply to
Joseph2k