Re: mental imaging

<snip>

Bless you. My fondest college memories entail studying for my BSEE at CU Boulder's Engineering Library. My dad attended CU Boulder about the same time as Widlar.

Danke,

Reply to
Don

None of them are much good at it. Electronic engineering is an art, and what universities do is provide access to knowledge. Harvard gave us "The Art of Electronics" which is a great textbook for clever students, but can't turn them into good engineers.

Lots of them. One of the best I knew was born in Ethiopia, and in the UK I worked with very good people who were born in India and Pakistan, though most of them came from England and Scotland. The Welsh were under-represented but there weren't all that many of them in south east England.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Bob Widlar certainly could design stuff. So could Barry Gilbert.

He got his degree in applied Physics from the Bournemouth Municipal College, in the UK in 1962. It's not a famous tertiary educational institution.

Reply to
Bill Sloman