Re: Logic gates + noise

I was playing around with some logic gates and they seem to be extremely

>sensitive. > >If I take an AND gate and breadboard it, and put both it's inputs to high(by >a jumper wire of about 1.5in), and touch the jumper wire which is sheilded, >the output fluxuates ;/ I could understand leaving the input floating but >when it's directly jumped to high? Is this normal or something else going >on? >

Try powering the chip through Vcc... ;)

Sometimes cmos chips will power up through the inputs, and seem like they work, but it'll lead to strange results. Make sure you have Vcc firmly tied to your 5V rail.

Regards, Bob Monsen

Reply to
Robert Monsen