16 Stage Bi-Directional LED Sequencer

Hi anyone try 16 Stage Bi-Directional LED Sequencer? i had try, but didn't work. Do not know what is the cause?

Reply to
james9326

Neither do we - heck, you're the one with the circuit on the bench in front of you.

Could you ask your ISP if they have a real newsserver, so you could post a schematic to news:alt.binaries.schematic.electronic ?

Or at least give a little better description of what exactly it is you're having problems with?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Er... We are only simple technicians and engineers. Some consider themselves even a god. But none of us is omniscient so the only thing we know is that apparently you did something wrong.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

If you are talking about the Bowden circuit...

1) Make sure that you've hooked up all the Vcc and Vss pins (yes, cmos will work without hooking them up, since it can often be powered by the inputs). 2) Make sure the oscillator is working. The oscillator should be in the visible range (ie, hook an LED up to it) at the slowest, so you should be able to visually verify that the oscillator is oscillating. 3) Make sure you have all the pins specified tied to ground... 4) Note that while HCT logic can usually be run at 6V without harm, the specification states that it should be kept under 5.5V. I'd suggest 5V just to be safe. 5) Make sure the counter is counting (use LEDs with the slow oscillator). 6) Make sure the decoder is decoding (you can do this by just setting inputs and seeing what happens on the outputs). 7) Add some decoupling caps between the vcc and vss pins.
--
Regards,
 Bob Monsen

You forgot to mention that he should verify the orientation of the LEDs as well...

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo