Re: Lenovo/Thinkpad "A battery error has occurred"

>Anyone had this... > >Lenovo/ThinkPad "A battery error has occurred" ?? > >It's been sitting unplugged/unused for 6 months, just fired it up and >it's barfing, "A battery error has occurred, unable to recharge. >Replace battery." > >Neato :-( > >Surfing the blogs, apparently crap batteries, looks like I'm >screwed... out-of-warranty :-( > >Anyone have any information/recommendations on best battery to buy? > >Thanks! > > ...Jim Thompson

Ouch, the common failure for batteries--let it sit, and they totally discharge. The protective circuit sees this as a total failure of the battery and refuses to even try ot charge them.

Reply to
PeterD

You might be able to trickle charge it back to life. Maybe try something like C/50 overnight.

It's a trade-off when you design a battery charger- where to draw the line where the charger should simply refuse to start. Above that there's usually a qualifying charge mode that brings it up to a reasonable level for faster charging.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Good idea!

Would anyone know the connections?

This dude has 7-pins :-(

...Jim Thompson

  What\'s the difference between a horse\'s ass and Barack Obama?
                            Lipstick!

Jim Thompson schrieb:

I've got

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Might be some help here:

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

That don't play, I've got...

pin pin key pin pin pin deep pin deep pin

...Jim Thompson

 The difference between a horse\'s asshole & Bill Sloman\'s mouth?
                            Lipstick!
I\'ll leave it to your imagination which orifice has the lipstick!
Now ignore the dumb-fuck shit-headed leftist weenie-bastard LIAR!

I definitely see _7_ contacts PLUS a key slot :-(

(ThinkPad X61s)

...Jim Thompson