Re: IC Package Drawing Database?

> Thats your answer, grab the data sheets. ;-)

> That's what I resort to, although it really would be nice if there was a > one stop shop of package drawings or dimensions. There are so many > different packages now that I can't keep track of them all.

For example this datasheet has 5 different package drawings that it calls "Small Outline Package", all with different dimensions:

Isn't the idea of a package "name" supposed be a single identity including dimensions (differing, of course, in length, to accommodate different pin counts)?

From the same manufacturer, no less...

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
DaveC

DaveC Inscribed thus:

Yes it can get very confusing. The "Jedec" designations are given at the bottom of each drawing. AFAIA that designation should identify a package uniquely.

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.