Re: Finally! Even the leftist weenie media gets it right!

She's certainly been a disappointment at State. Though, I doubt anyone could clean up that mess.

--
Keith
Reply to

The Clintonistas gave us the dot-com boom, which created huge, bogus tax revenues and ratcheted up federal and state spending. Then gave us the dot-com bust, which forced the deficit. They also removed the barriers between mortgage lending and Wall Street speculation, which contributed mightily to the mortgage mess.

And they could have had Osama, after the first WTC bombing, but turned the opportunity down. They did pulverize an aspirin factory pretty good, and pardoned some really deserving creeps. And ignored the Rwandan Genocide; heck, what's a million dead Africans matter to "the first Black President" once he'd won the election?

John

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

Bush should have cleaned out all the leftists when he took office. Instead,he tried to be bi-partisan. DemocRATs don't make that mistake.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

They're lifers.

They just go underground until woken back up. If Hussein wins it'll sure be "interesting".

--
Keith
Reply to

No, they didn't. It was Al Gore. He invented the internet. It was all the sprouting of that seed.

There was nothing bogus about the tax revenues. They were real money. The increased economic activity lead to more taxes as it usually does.

Under Clinton it grew more slowly:

Suddenly Clinton was running the states too. Gosh I nevere knew.

There had to be a correction. Unfortunately Bush trash talked the economy and people believed him so it under shot the point it was heading for.

Check the "outlays" column. The deficit may have had to happen for a year or so but not what we've had. The GDP under Bush grew. The receipts were decreased by the tax cuts and the tax cuts did not cause anything like enough increased economic activity to compensate. The result was a deficit beyond what was likely to have happened from the end of the internet boom.

Yes they did what the "conservative" economists told them to. They got government out of the way. The result was bad as you would expect.

Yes it was a mistake in hindsight but given what was known at the time an understandable one. They didn't want to mess up relations with Saudi.

Yes but it was a smaller "ooops" than taking out a whole country only to find that there were no WMDs. I guess nobody perfect.

Everybody was ignoring it as hard as they could. They were all saying "you first". The UN spent months arguing over what type of trucks to use. Nobady covered themselves with glory on that one.

Rule 1: Get elected Rule 2: Get re-elected

Reply to
MooseFET

Yes but there are down sides. Condi is female. Sexism is about as strong as racism. Besides she doesn't have a very good record.

I think the only reason that conservatives won't sit on their hands is because they will be too busy throwing up their hands. McCain won't motivate the conservatives. Without Hillary on the other side, they are likely to all just go home and cry on election day.

There are pictures of her around with a very disagreeable look on her face. I expect to see lots of those.

I'm sorry but I just can't help myself.

Reply to
MooseFET

You need to consider just who his pocket watchdog and controller is, Halliburtons finest, the V,P Dick Cheney.

Reply to
JosephKK

We have had consistent Federal deficits since before you were born, the dot com bubble was not related even if you got burned.

Reply to
JosephKK

You had better read it some more, the GDP grew every single year under Clinton as well. Moreover Clinton handed "Bush the lesser" a balanced budget which was promptly switched to deficit spending.

Reply to
JosephKK

They weren't too bad before WWII. They were also pretty tame for quite a while after WWII, especially during the Eisenhower administration when theyw ere close to nonexistent. They upticked somewhat when Kennedy cut taxes and boosted spending, and upticked some more with Vietnam. We still had occaisional surpluses until the mid-1970's. Defecits increased more while Carter was in office, with rapid growth in both defense and non-defense spending, and exploded when Reagan brought us tax cuts without spending cuts. And defecits during his adminstration were close to those in his budget requests to Congress.

Don Klipstein

Correction" "with spending increases"

Reply to
MooseFET