Re: Finally! Even the leftist weenie media gets it right!

See...

> > ...Jim Thompson

Link on that page:

If her campaign team is so wildly mismanaged, how could we trust her to run a country?

John

Indeed!

Shrillary, Answering the 3AM phone call, "Gepetto, Is that you?" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Only Hillary Clinton can spin a long-winded lie, repeat it regularly, then declare, "I misspoke".

Now she's spinning a tale about a pregnant woman turned away by a hospital because she could not pay $100 up-front.

Except it didn't happen!

Pinocchio for President ;-)

News flash: The president is not supposed to "run the country." 3 branches balance of power and all that.

Reply to
MooseFET

Are you saying Shrillary could run the Executive Branch??

Bwahahahahahaha ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Strange, but I thought "executive" meant that you were supposed to run things.

John

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

In her case perhaps, 'executable' is more apt.

GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

You could still trust her to run the country better than the present incumbent.

Dubbya's campaign team was brilliantly managed, but while Karl Rove performed brilliantly managing Dubbya's politcal campaign, despite the having to carry a decidedly inadequate candidate, Dubbya has managed one of the least competent U.S. adminstrations on record.

When he came to power, a euro would buy $0.80 - now it buys $1.57, and he's stuck you with the occupation of Irak which isn't doing you any good at all, and which he should have known - had he had two neurones to rub together - was not going to do you any good at all

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

The last 7 years have proven that *anybody* can run it.

Don't worry Hillary will also know how to use all those nice new powers and tools that have been created over the last few years.

Reply to
MooseFET

It really is a misuse of the word but the branch had to be called something so we are stuck with the term. Besides I am sureprised to see you defending a "run the country" term for any fraction of government.

Reply to
MooseFET

On Apr 8, 3:27 am, snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote: [.....]

Bush doesn't get al the blame for that. He got help from republicans in the house and senate. The union of intoxicated sailors is up in arms for being associated with the level of spending. The combination of a federal deficit and low interest rates pushed the money supply way up. It has given the illusion of a good economy while all of our savings got burned up.

I have heard more than one person say that they would buy Monica gold plated knee pads.

Reply to
MooseFET

Hilarious! I wonder how many young people would understand that - isnt gepetto italian icecream?

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Please name all those tools... or rather, name all those that you _think_ exist ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Gelato, Terry, Gelato ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Some additional comments on "running the country":

John

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 06:50:30 -0700, in sci.electronics.design, John Larkin bloviated:

The animitronic Lincoln at disneyland would be better equiped to run the country than the current fuckwits.

Reply to
Wingle

It is more likely that the election will be Oboma vs McCain. If you select the right set of beliefs McCain has held, there is a lot to like about him but I expect him to lose to Oboma. McCain's inability to keep the actors in the middle east straight is likely to lead to a situation like Ford had where he said "Eastern Europe" instead of "Western" and never recovered fromthe flub.

Reply to
MooseFET

I think a lot of anglo and hispanic folks will go for McCain at the last instant, purely based on race. And the repubs will do a lot of serious Obama bashing, based on what he has done and written. Even some Dems I know consider O to be too liberal.

Now if McCain picked Condi as veep, he'd win by a landslide.

John

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

IMO,Condi is too wishy-washy.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

It is sort of funny that Obama is thought of as the more liberal of the two (Hill and Oboma) even though when you read their positions his are the more moderate.

I really disagree with that. Condi would chase away much of the racists and sexist vote[1]. She is also a tie to all that is disliked about Bush. Most conservatives consider Condi to be incompetent.

McCain will likely pick a person with good conservative economic "street cred". He has weaknesses in the domestic policy area that he will hope to pach.

[1] I resisted adding "AKA the republican core" but not for long. The smartass in me will never die.
Reply to
MooseFET

Or she'd allow the closet racists (including many dems and independents) to vote against Obama while telling themselves that they're voting for a black, hence are not racist after all.

Maybe so, but the conservatives will vote for McCain anyhow, and all the lefties are solid for Obama no matter what. It's the moderates and independents he has to get.

Besides, Condi is awfully cute. McCain needs some cute on his team.

Harumph.

John