Re: dark adapted

IIRC the eye can detect down to around 10 photons per second.

>Another interesting thing I read is that the skin gives off low levels >of light ie we are slightly phosphorescent. Maybe a fully adapted eye >can actually see that? Last time I was in aq cave with the lights out >for a while I *thought* I could still see my hand move before my eyes.

I wouldn't trust that one.

A better test would be seeing somebody else's hand moving so you don't "know" where it is. There are still a lot of possibilities for figuring out where it is other than vision.

--
These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer\'s.  I hate spam.
Reply to