Opinion needed on found circuit.

Please review the link below.

Is it their intention that Eddy currents traveling along the assumed electrically conductive object is the bases of this circuit or, do you think there is more to it than that? This popped up while looking around for Eddy Current sensing and this kind of intrigued me.. For ever reason, my older Netscrap browser shows it as an offset to the left, so I can't read the article. IE only shows this image and a blank window where the article should be.

Reply to
Jamie

That's pretty much it.

The article is at:

If you can't read the article, try upgrading to Firefox. ;>)

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

below.http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/sensors/030/Everything-that-m...

Ok, Well, I still have an issue reading the crap off to the right side but I got enough of it to see what they're suggesting.

They say "Any thing that moves", after reading, it's suggest that anything that is near the RX coil. This would assume that the subject will be standing in the field of the TX coil..

I think the article has some miss leading concepts in the way it's worded.

Oh well, back to real work.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jamie

I tried it in Firefox and the built-in IE rendering engine; no offsetting seen here. Why not get a newer browser?

The idea is to tune the ckt "by means of tune and fine-tune controls VR1 and VR2, so that it is deactivated when one stands back from the Rx coil".

Hence when a body enters the Rx coil's sensing volume it increases the coupling between the two coils.

It's also not clear what the effect of placing the Rx coil within, near, or far from the Tx coil may be, though it's not all that hard to figure out. The circuit does seem able to do what it's supposed to, namely provide a basic detection function without depending on line power.

Welcome.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752