Re: Car alternator wind mill generator?

> >Jim Thompson wrote in > >news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: > > > >> Yes. It's been that way since the '60's. See my patents > > > >For GM anyways. Ford caught on in 1986 or so. I am not to sure about > >Chrysler, and non-American makes. > > Ford's were bolted to a flat machined on the back end of the > alternator housing.

My '70 AMC Gremlin's VR was a vibrator type bolted on the fire-wall, so not everyone changed in the '60s. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Gremlin? Snicker ;-)

I'd guess a '70 Gremlin would be pre-Chrysler ??

...Jim Thompson

It wasn't at *all* funny (other than its looks). What a stinking pile of dung!

Yep, AMC.

--
  Keith
Reply to