Re: boost converter with current mirror feedback and type II compensator?

> >I wonder why to use a current mirror here? the internal ref. V = 1.26. >the current mirror calculation is correct I verified. >But why use a current mirror here? keep from transient voltage? >temperature compensation? > >if add this current mirror, how to calculate the compensator? here is >a R-C in series, is't a simplified type II ? > >calculation for the compensator is welcomed.

This is not so much a current mirror, as a level-shifting inverter. In this circuit the U2 boost converter produces +5V from a pre-existing

-12V source.

This 5v is expressed across R8, sensed by Q7A which has a base biased one EB voltage drop below ground by Q7B and R11. Due to simple transistor action, R8 current (minus Q7A base current) flows in R10, providing a feedback voltage for U2 that is referenced to the -12V rail, on which the internal U2 voltage reference sits.

RL

Reply to
legg

bigcaboy

Doing so would introduce gross regulation effects from the -12v raail onto the +5V output. Normally, regulation requirements on a 5V rail are pretty tight.

RL

Reply to
legg

Because the ground of the LM5002 is actually at -12V not at ground. As the other poster mentions the circuit is to change the reference point. If you just used a resistive divider any variation of the -12V rail would affect the 5V rail as well.

kevin

Reply to
kevin93

.26.