Re: audio card noise

> > Pardon me, I am not familiar with this term. > > How about "a bunch of wires" - are you familiar with THIS term? =A0If you=

're

too ignorant to understand basic electronics, you're too stupid to be pok=

ing

around in there.

What makes you think that I am stupid? There are lots of things I did not understand before, but understand now. The way to go about it is to ask questions and learn - this is exactly what I did. This is true that my background is in music, and not in electronics. But I am working on catching up. I am sure that there are things that you do not understand as well. Nobody is perfect. The point is not to shout out loud that you know something others do not, but to help others to learn. Or just pass on it, if it disturbs you so much.

Reply to
alex reznick

You've been trolled. That was *not* the real soundhaspriority. There are two posters using the same nick, for more info, check the archives.

The real soundhaspriority does not use the same news provider, and always makes excellent sense when he posts.

For information, a star ground is name for a common point where all audio signals in a system are grounded. It's a common configuration to help avoid ground loops, which can generate noise and hum in an audio system.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Reply to
John Williamson

Ronald Porter is a long time McCarty sockpuppet.

Bob Morein (310) 237-6511

Reply to
Soundhaspriority

You will notice that all the various Roberts Morein more-or-less share the same disease and follow each other about. In the one case with outright garbage that no one above the age of reason would take seriously or credit, the other with blatantly wild speculation, psuedo- psychological babble and ignorant quasi-medical diagnoses - but neither of them any better than the other comes to it.

Keep in mind that this is a newsgroup - Usenet. It takes the hide of a rhinocerous and a very dry sense of humor to participate in any meaningful way for any length of time. To take _ANYTHING_ written herein as personal or to let it affect your life in any way at all is just stupid. Neither more nor less. The various Roberts Morein have each other in their focus and I would bet that there is no waking moment during which they do not think of each other - how very, very sad.

Ignore the both of them unless they have something useful to contribute to your discussion. In this particular group (rec.audio- tubes) neither of them have any place as neither of them has any interest in tubes one way or the other - so it is a playgound for their spleen. Ignoring both entirely is the only legitimate response.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

"Suffer" seems overstated. More like one of those pesky flying bugs that you keep having to shoo away from your face.

Back when newsserver providers were conscientious individuals with a sense of their role in the maintenance of Usenet, yes trolls like McCarty would be blacklisted.

But now that large corps like AOL and Google and medium-size corps like California Prime Line (parent company of troll-central BuzzardNews) have got into the act, there is no longer any sort of control over customers. Indeed this may have been the congenital defect of Usenet, that it is dependent on conscientious server/user management.

Since McCarty is in Australia, he probably feels beyond the reach of US Federal law. Not that there is any evidence of them going after home-grown trolls, anyway.

I suspect he would get a kick out of it even if it weren't breaking laws.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

He sounds like a troll to me.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If you have a real news server and a real newsreader, your newsreader should have a "filter" feature.

If you're using google, then I guess you're SOL, and have to use the intelligent filter - i.e., your brain. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rich, he is the most famous of trolls, Brian L. McCarty.

Regards, Bob Morein (310) 237-6511

Reply to
Soundhaspriority