Re: Another Psychopathic Confabulator

> Blame the "education" system. > > Dream of colleges and universities with NO government funding (*), > just income from tuition and watch the change in curriculum and > politics. > > No more studies of transgender in agriculture (I kid you not :-) > > (*) $150B annually from the Feds to public AND private universities.

It started with the GI Bill, and expanded. It really should be only for combat vets.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Never heard of a freemartin? Vets need to know about them.

Why? An advanced industrial country needs more university trained professio nals than you can get out of the families rich enough to pay for the whole cost of a university education for their kids. The GI Bill support got exte nded because business and industry need the extra graduates. Having been sh ot at didn't make the combat veterans better students or better graduates.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Before that people didn't have to be rich. Many people put themselves through college with blue collar jobs and no subsidies. They had to be smarter than today's freshmen are required to be, and they had to get themselves from the farm to the city, so most didn't try. But price did not exclude them. The ratio of faculty to students was a small fraction of what it is now.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Compensation should be proportional to risk (besides other factors). It's the opposite with government. In the US at least, government employees make more than their counterparts with the same job in the private sector, but they don't even have the risk of being laid off.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

ANY vet.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yep. Once-upon-a-time scholarships were awarded for MERIT. Mostly garnered by those who worked their ass off to achieve. ...Jim Thompson

[snip]
[snip]

Exceptionalism will not be tolerated.

Want your dose of cretinism for the day...

But a breath of fresh air, particularly the last sentence...

...Jim Thompson

It was not uncommon for big corporations' CEOs to have started on the loading dock of the same company and put themselves through college from there.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I washed dishes for a year ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Girly work...and DelRosso is full of crap too.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred