Re: ADC Help

John O'Flaherty wrote:

> >> If you are going to use a microcomputer, you might consider one >> that has enough analog stuff to do most of it, like the Cypress PSoC. >> It has built-in analog resources that can be used as A/Ds, amplifiers >> and comparators. Sample rates in excess of 10 kHz can be achieved at >> 10 bits or more. You can get a start-up kit that can be programmed >> from a PC for less than $100 that has an LCD display attached. It has >> 32k flash memory and 2k static ram. > > I'm in the UK so I'll bet that the $ changes to a £ over here. > Having said that its just a hobby project. I don't mind spending $100 > if its going to get me where I want to go. > I'll have a look at the Cypress kit though.

I did go and have a look at the "Cypress" web site and spoke to the UK distributors. There wasn't a great deal that they were prepared to tell me other than there was the Startup/Evaluation kit you mentioned and a separate book & CD with programs and example code.

If I want one I can have it by tomorrow along with a free USB device that has plug in programmable modules. I declined to take up the offer for the time being.

The guy I spoke to suggested that without programming experience and mentoring I would probably struggle to do what I want to do. A little overkill for a one off project !

So thankyou for the suggestion. Its one that I will keep in mind.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.