RadioShack Gone

I stated some facts. How is that "looking at that backwards" ?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I have a great book titled "e-branding", cost 50 cents at a used bookstore. It says, basically, spend all the money you can raise to get buzz and clicks, and don't worry about profit now. Of the companies they praised, most are now gone and forgotten.

When we were looking for a building, we toured several empty SoMa buildings. Things that had been meat packing shops and roofing companies were all tarted up, incredibly expensive and usually juvenile-tacky. We wound up with a fortune cookie factory.

Yup. Another big downswing is probably in the works. Once one VC panics, the rest will follow.

I think that you could make a nice living off a string of crowdsourcing failures.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Tape density is a lot higher than it used to be, but airplanes don't go much faster.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Den mandag den 9. februar 2015 kl. 19.57.37 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

but also seems to be the strategy behind facebook, google etc. and all the companies thatey have later bought for 100's of millions

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

No one would accuse you or DimBulb of knowing anything, with the possible exception of Slowman.

Reply to
krw

You're looney. That makes zero sense.

Clearly they could design a cheaper unit with lower performance. It's cheaper to design just one, though. Software upgrades make money too.

Reply to
krw

Cart before horse.

Reply to
krw

Why are you using FAT32 these days? Don't you find the 4GB file limit a bit of a pain limiting the maximum contiguous data sequence?

Star Trek sort of predicted communicators better than anyone could have imagined and 2001 a Space Odessy got the iPad more or less perfectly. More accurately scientists and engineers watched the programs and when they were old enough set about making the attractive bits real!

We know even have Samsung TVs that can spy on us (or at least people with Samsung TVs do) - no glowing red evil eye though or Hal yet. True AI proved to be a lot more difficult than the early researchers thought.

The potential intelligence singularity when we do is tricky once machines that can design themselves without human help become possible.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

NTFS is undefined. There are no conformant implementations of NTFS, just reverse engineered ones.

You could use ext2/3/4 but those don't read on Windows machines without some twister games.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

On 2/7/2015 8:55 PM, rickman wrote:

Most companies have competition, if you charge more than your competition you better have a good reason for the customer to buy from you, or they won't! In my small business selling shrimp, I have competition less than 1 mile away and two more within 3 miles, customers are very aware of them. I also have a tourist/snowbird city about 6 miles away, they have a different pricing. They can charge a little higher prices because the tourists are conditioned to shrimp prices farther away from the coast, plus they're on vacation and splurge on 10 lbs of fresh shrimp to take home. I do get a lot of them to drive the distance to me because I have lower prices than the tourist area and they know of our quality. We are not the lowest price seller, and I'd just as soon weed out customers that want the lowest price and try to dicker on the price. I do have a little hook, in that I sell from a boat in a marina, we are well known for the quality of our shrimp, we keep it moving and get it from the boats regularly. On affordability, if you own the local amusement park, if you charge $60 for each family member, a family of five is looking at $300. They may see that as not affordable. If it was $40, they may be frugal for a few weeks, then spend $200 to take the family out. So you charge as much as you can and still sell the maximum number of units you can. But you need to meet the competition and be affordable. Then there are companies with a special product and limited competition, maybe an Apple product, they competition, but a their product is slightly different, They still need to be affordable. There was a time I wanted an Ipod, but the price was higher than I was willing to pay, although my kids had them. :-) Hope that helps, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

All you needed to say was supply vs. demand. Yes, that is a familiar concept. That is what is meant by maximize profits. There are tons of details to maximize profit for each product having to do with pricing, location, advertizing, packaging, etc... all just details. The point is each company tries to maximize profits, that is why they are in business, often even the non-profits.

--

Rick
Reply to

Yes, I've heard of introductory price. I very seldom see that price raised to a "we've got the market cornered price" later. 0 hits.

I guess this speaks for itself.

--

Rick
Reply to

Just keep your AI research away from your 3D printer research...

--

Rick
Reply to

I know this response is in the tree wroing but I can't find the original.

You will probabyl only find cameras in TVs that have smart cards. The ratio nale they give for putting cameras in cable boxes is for data on if anyone is watching or the thing is just on and everyone is sleeping or screwing or whatever.

The smart water meters that they are installing which are MANDATORY also ma kes it possible for them to kjnow when you take a shower. Also if they want ed to break in undeteftd and bug your PC or something they can figure out w hen you won't be home, this gives them a little bit more data.

Reply to
jurb6006

You are truly insane. Do you really think the cable company is going to break into your home and bug your PC?

--

Rick
Reply to

You don't think "No Such Agency" has access to the data ? With the water meters now they literally know when you take a shit.

Ignore all this buddies and sooner or later they will have a copy of evaery email you send.

Oh.

You will have to use snail mail, oh ait, now they Xray that. Didn't know that ?

There is one thing for sure, people who call me crazy are uninformed. It's here baby, big brother in all his glory, even better than 1984.

If you plant one pot plant in a 40 acre field, they can tell with spectroscopy from the satellite. There is a recording of every phone call. Every private message on every internet forum, plus all the threads and posts. And Usenet.

They actually give Usenet a bit of a break, they KNOW all about the binaries and the downloading, but most of them do it themselves so they leave us alone.

And now, osme of the new phones coming out have encryption the government cannot break, I'll bet my left nut it will soon be illegal. It certainly is to export it already.

But everything is fine.

Reply to
jurb6006

Some of us have access to actual facts about all this and I can assure you that no one, especially "No Such Agency" gives a rat's ass about when you take a shit. More importantly, they aren't capturing your emails much less reading them and they don't X-ray all the US mail.

Funny that you got usenet wrong... I can assure you that all the posts in all the newsgroups including all the binaries are being scanned with a fine tooth comb looking for steganographic messages. I believe this also applies to images and such on eBay, etc.

The US government (other than the DEA) has no interest in your pot plants and it is *far* too expensive to use a billion dollar satellite to image a $100 pot plant.

I won't call you crazy, but I won't argue that you are at all sane. There is clearly something wrong... and it's not all the government.

--

Rick
Reply to

No, I went to the exchange. But, it's really cheaper for me to get Obamacare, because of the huge subsidy I would get. I could save about $1,500 after I get the check from the taxpayers. I don't expect the subsidy to be sustainable. Mikek Mikek

amdx

I'll bet those that said insurance was unavailable, had cable TV, internet, a computer and ate at a restaurant at least 4 times a month. I'll also bet they have an auto that is 10 years newer than any of mine. That would be 2010 or newer. Am I right? Mikek PS. I bought my owner health insurance when the family income $25k. Tired of hearing, "I can't afford it" reset your priorities!

amdx

If they pay their student loans they can't afford a vacation, either!

Reply to
krw