Radio Proximity Fuze Design

Sulphonamides were generally available after 1935 because their patent as a dye agent (from 1906) had expired. They had good effect, specifically, against streptococci.

RL

Reply to
legg

On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 11:31:50 UTC-8, John Larkin wrote: ...

across the behavior you frequently state.

Excuse me, but as far as I know, you have never worked at any Silicon Valle y companies. I don't think you are in a position to say that everybody is l ike this.

None of the places I have worked at have had any significant number of peop le like this.

And your evidence for this is?

they are too onerous to guarantee that they are honoured and so not to giv e us information they would not want widely disseminated until we have a bu siness agreement in place.

difficult not to get inspired by seeing other's creations.

And for free.

Not sure what you mean here. At all the companies I've worked at we have be en honest and usually told other companies not to divulge any secrets to us unless we have a firm agreement in place.

Engineering creativity has always built upon the ideas of others. You can c laim a specific design implementation is yours but I'm afraid not general c oncepts. If you are paranoid enough to not want others to build upon your i deas then keep them secret.

You seem to have it completely backward; in my experience, it is the engine ers who give the longer, more reasonable estimates of times and costs. It i s usually management or marketing who try to push the envelope with the eng ineers resisting. Yes, we sometimes let our optimism allow us to be pushed into a compromise and then fail to meet the goals imposed upon us.

I'm sure most creative engineers like to do something themselves - you seem to. I think you may be deluding yourselves about the lengths they will go to achieve that though.

I also don't know what you mean by lying in this context. I don't believe I or anybody I know has consciously lied in this context; yes, we have opini ons and they are often coloured by optimism or naivety - but not lying.

Maybe you or your business attracts the type of people you seem to despise so much. I've been lucky enough not to meet any of them in my many decades here. I don't think you should assume everybody is like you describe.

Reply to
keith

ll their management outrageous lies about ideas, completion dates, and actu al costs. And they most always win.

John Larkin doesn't understand real electronic design. His approach seems t o be to evolve something from one of his existing circuits.

People who are better informed more have more places to start from, and can propose to take bigger steps. It's a more unpredictable process, so comple tion dates and total costs aren't all that reliable. People who can run hav e an unfair advantage over people who chose only to walk, even if they are more likely to fall over.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to