Radiation considerations for electronic design --- books?

Or surround your electronics with baseballs.

Reply to
Richard Henry

eg. "Vacuum leak testing for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police;"

I dare not ask......

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

They were forbidden until the "big blow". Then I was put on the team to completely review all systems. I discovered that the power supplies were so redundant that one failing took all the others with it. We had to get hexfets space-qualified to expeditiously solve the problem... a full-blown redesign would have taken forever.

...Jim Thompson

It probably has something to do with protecting the Mounties from the "Homer Simpson" character on the sci.electronics.* newsgroups.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

MOS and CMOS in particular are quite common in space applications. The old RCA 1802 uP was manufactured in rad hard versions specifically for space applications.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

Back in the dark ages, circa mid 1960's, there was a program similar to SPICE called SEPTRE that was all about solid state electronics radiation modeling. I think it ran on Univac 1107 and 1108 mainframes. I wonder if anybody has a current equivalent.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

I don't know about books, but here are some hints. Radiation damage in bipolar transistors results in a reduction of Hfe, initially at low collector currents (

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman