R.I.P. Ray Bradbury

R.I.P. Ray Bradbury...

...Jim Thompson

I wonder if they'll cremate him.

Power is an aphrodisiac. 60 Hertz more so than 50.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I wonder if they'll cremate him.

Power is an aphrodisiac. 60 Hertz more so than 50.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

SoothSayer

*snap*

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs

"Jim Thompson"

** Read a number of his books as a teenager, when I really should have been studying math or English.

One I remember was called " Golden apples of the Sun ".

A pretty good movie was made in the mid 60s from his " Fahrenheit 541 " novel.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

A partial title of one of his books AND the flash point temp of paper have NOTHING to do with cremation.

"*snap*"? Hardly.

Reply to
SoothSayer

Saw it high school- I didn't think it did justice to the book.

Speaking of school days, I remember someone used a spray can to write on the sidewalk in front of University of Toronto's massive Brutalism architectural style* (ie not very cuddly) Robarts Library "233°C". Took me a few seconds to do the conversion in my head..

Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany schrieb:

Hello,

233 °C is 451.4 °F and 541 °F is 282.77 °C ....

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Right, hence the oblique reference to the dystopian novel _Fahrenheit

451_.

What's the significance of 541°F? Pretty close to 1000° Rankine.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

You could be a little further off the mark, just not today.

Tell us, dumbfuck, why is the value different in one direction than the other?

You failed big time, idiot.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

goddamned dyslexic dork.