Question about unlicensed bands in Korea

i have a wireless product made for european market at 868MHz. I want
to show this product in a korean exibition: i can use it or not? If
not, what are the unlicensed bands that can be used?
Thanks

Re: Question about unlicensed bands in Korea

Assuming to have your permission for people to reply directly, I'll
post this to the IEEE EMC group....some 1100 members proficient in
International Regulatory matters.

Re: Question about unlicensed bands in Korea

---
Why not contact the Korean Communications Commission for that
information?

--
JF

Re: Question about unlicensed bands in Korea

FIRST REPLY, you were also cc'd

From:      "N.Shani"
To:      Macy
Cc:      EMC-PSTC,   silusil
Subject:      Re: Question about unlicensed bands in Korea
Date:      Mon 06/04/12 09:30 AM

Best find what the cellular frequencies in Korea are.

If they are anything like the North-American ones (does a NA cellphone
works in Korea?), then you are out of luck and will need to negotiate
with the carrier that holds the license for that frequency/location.
From dealing with a similar situation in NA, I can predict that you'll
fail, unless you are willing to compensate them (after all, that chunk
of frequency cost them a bundle, not to mention the on-going revenues
and headache to clearing the spectrum for you).

If the frequencies are like in Europe, it probably falls under the
license-free ISM regime.

Cheers,
N. Shani
Ottawa, ON

Re: Question about unlicensed bands in Korea

This says 868 to 868.6 is used for Airport Communications Service

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/15/pub/04/15-04-0458-00-004b-frequency-
band-overview-860-960mhz-frequency-band-in-korea.ppt

http://tinyurl.com/d7r3f67

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas