Qes about Phase-Noise calculation

Hi, guys.

I got a problem when calculating the phase-noise. There're empirical parameters in Leeson's formula, so it is impossible to calculate the phase-noise with the formula.

And I found the Hjimiri's formula not include any empirical parameters. However, the ISF(Impulse sensitivity function) should be got by simulation, and I haven't found a practical way to get it. In fact, I have no idea about linear time-varient theory, so i can't understand the ISF.

If anybody learn the hajimiri's theory and ISF, help me out please.

Thanks in advance

Crystal

Reply to
crystal.lew

what are you trying to calculate the phase noise of?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

You can simulate phase noise with SpectreRF or GoldenGate if you can afford those. Otherwise I think you're in for a lot of maths but if you figure out how to do it you can then start a software company. If you go to a library which has the IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits, then there are a few papers in there (which it sounds like you are aware of), but not all of those seem to agree with each other which probabaly means it is difficult.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones