PWModulators

I have been trying to find a good PWM that will go from 2-5% to 95-98% duty cycle. It seems like the SG3525 was a good choice but when the control voltage ( pin 9 )goes below the comparing voltage ( pin5 )the outputs goes off. Some PWM have a control of only 85% used in switch mode Power supplies but will not work for me. The 555 old approach works from the 2% to 98% area but is controlled from a pot. I have a 1- 5 volt input and need a 2%-98% PWM output across that range with over drive protection, what I mean by this is if the input goes over the input 5 volt level, ( like if the input went to 6 volts) the pulse width needs to be the same as if it was at the max 5 volt level . Looking at the simple PWM using op amps with a triangle waveform going to the comparer, it works great until the input is bigger than the waveform, and then the output is equal to the larger control voltage time. Any Ideas, maybe Class D audio amps with this protection?

Reply to
TNT

An Atmel ATmega8 would do the job. 10-bit ADC with a choice of 8-bit or

16-bit PWM.

John

Reply to
John B