PWM chip that can drive an H bridge?

Here's where I am a little confused. I thought that snubber capacitors placed across the IGBT would protect them during "dead time".

It is a digitally controlled Hobart CyberTig.

You can see it here:

It is rated for 200A maximum. (and it does put out 200A).

If I set it to operate at, for instance, 137A, that would be very close to its actual output.

Open Circuit voltage 80V, typical arc voltage 30V.

Ignoramus30105

I think that my IGBT's already have catch diodes (formed like a bridge also). Toshiba-MG200Q2YS40.

See file Toshiba-MG200Q2YS40_DAT-IGBT.pdf

Ignoramus30105

That will happen anyway when the electrode gets lifted too far from the metal and the arc goes out. But the OP is going to put varistors across the supply, I hope. Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

You might find something at

Don Foreman