Punch Through/ Non Punch Through/ Field Stop

First of all, I have to say I'm a newbie in engineering. I read some articles of IGBT. There are PT/NPT/Field Stop..... I don't understand about this. Because they are getting technical. Is there somebody to explain these to me very easily? Pls, teach me. Thank you

Best regards, Derek

Reply to
Savoir

They are different ways of making semiconductors with different characteristics. The characteristic you probably care about is the temperature coefficient.

Look here:

Guy Macon