Pull-down

Hello,

I sincerely apologise for the phenomenally newbie question but here goes....

I have an ISD1730 chip which essentially plays a sound thru a speaker whenever one of the pins drops low, it has an internal pull up resistor. How can I use a non-physical switch to trip it? Basically I would like to have an Astable circuit trip it. How can I do this? Can I just put the output of an Astable onto it; or would I have to put a NOT gate in between so it is always high then goes low on the high pulse from the astable???

Please help

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
James Cranfield

one of the pins drops low, it has an internal pull up resistor.

have an Astable circuit trip it. How can I do this? Can I just put the output of an Astable onto it; or would I have to put a NOT gate in between so it is always high then goes low on the high pulse from the astable???

Need a little more information.

If your npot using a "switch", what are you using ??

An opto-isolator would work if I know what was controlling the opto.

Help me, help you !

Reply to
Donald

The latter, I think.

Reply to
mc

--
You could use an astable with complementary outputs and drive the
1730 with the negative-true output, or if you wanted to use

                                IDS
                               1730
                              +----+
                              |_   |