Problem with SM caps

A relatively big blob of Sn63Pb37 solder will heat both ends on a small (0402 or 0603) SMT part, and the surface tension sucks the part off the board so it disappears into the blob of solder, whereupon it can be flicked off. Of course you don't re-use such parts, but they'd probably be okay.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Right. That takes a second or two. Solder wicking followed by prying up the parts is much more likely to damage the board.

John

Don't be a jerk. Nobody likes jerks.

John

I know, John... I'm starting to dislike you ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Obama is about to make Herbert Hoover look like a financial genius

I like jerk chicken-- with "peas and rice" (actually beans and rice).

I guess you could leave out the coriander.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Go for it.

John

I've achieved this effect by holding two small irons in one hand, a la chopsticks.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Careful not to burn your mouth accidentally.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yep. Go easy on the hot sauce!

Reply to
James Arthur

It's not the mouth that one worries about with hot sauce.

Reply to
krw

Yeah - both the extreme right-wingers and the extreme left-wingers hate my guts enough to want to kill me.

Ergo, I must be doing something right! ;-D

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

I said, "a la", which, according to the crossword dictionary, means "in the manner of".

I'm certainly not going to eat the part! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Merv Griffin, who died a billionaire, attributed his success to advice his mother gave him: "Merv, don't be a jerk."

John

But why not? You've just invented...the Cook-N-Eater !!

Why waste time preparing food in the kitchen, when you can Cook-N-Eat all at the same time? Cook-N-Eat(tm), now you're cookin' !

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

HOWEVER, the end cap terminations are NOT attached that way, and they are the FRAGILE part of the chip capacitor ASSEMBLY. The MOST fragile part.

Resistors usually stay attached until they are opened up by current flow. Heat, they can take.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Sports are typically competitive in nature, which makes ANY sport that is... A GAME.

Remember? The OLYMPIC GAMES. Those GAMES were ALL sports.

Billiards is a sport as well, dingbat. There is no caloric expenditure requisite to be met before something can be considered a sport.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Fuck you. Quantify that, dipshit.

My capacity with numbers goes right on up into chaos and imaginary numbers. I work in CCI goods, if you even know what that moniker refers to. Considering the claims you have made about some of your customers, I cannot imagine that you do not know what CCI stands for.

Maybe if you do, you can figure what kinds of math I work with.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Not what I said at all, Johnny. Read it again.

A person's grasp of physics has nothing to do with numbers. It is a lot closer to the bone, Johnny. Being a skier, you should know that, but not even knowing what English is or how to apply it, I am quite sure that you do not know of the connection between physics and bone.

It is the difference between someone that knows how to torque a screw properly and a dolt that is either too afraid to attempt it, so it is under-torqued, or he rams it, crams it and jams it, and over-torques it.

Had you worked hands on with steels and other metals, you would know when the shear stress was at it's limit. You would know what fits, and tolerances are. You would probably even know how to use a degreaser tank.

I still contend that you are out of touch in a lot of areas, Johnny.

Since you have not seen me doing any math, your retarded remark is WrongAsUsual, Johnny.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I was talking about the wind, dummy. Who gives a fat flying f*ck how slick it is on the bottom of your skis? Also it varies with the type of snow. whether you choose to believe it or not. I have been in a lot of different snow.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

What the f*ck are you blathering about now?

Are you really so stupid as to not have ever heard of barefoot WATER SKIING, you stupid twit?

Learn to read.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever